Had planned a rest day for our first full day in Honolulu and that's sorta what we did. I think we all slept incredibly well - except poor Tony whose knee is giving him beans after the flights. We started the day with a hearty breakfast in McDonalds. They serve 'local' food so I got Tony Spam with portugese sausage and eggs. Both Don and Tony concur that the coffee is shite. No milk to be seen - just creamer - yuk.
![]() |
| Yes the eggs really were that rubbery |
After breakfast we came back to the hotel for some downtime and trying to fight off the jet lag we were all a suffering. I decided to wander down to the Food Pantry to get some supplies for breakfast tomorrow and lunch for later today. Ive learned quickly that the healthier food is for you the more expensive it is. Low fat milk, 1.87 litres is $5.50. Bread also around $6.
I ended up wandering around the shops for a bit as I couldn't find a restroom for love or money. I even stumbled upon a group of people doing a free ukelele lesson - tempting but no. It came in useful in the end because I was later able to navigate us back later to the International Marketplace and Royal Hawaiian Shopping Centre.
![]() |
| Verdict: not worth the 99cents |
![]() |
| Garden in the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Centre |
![]() |
| Random poster that I had to share because its Elvis |
Later in the afternoon the boys decided they needed a leg stretch too so we all went out for a walk around the shopping area again. Mostly window shopping except for a few souvenirs.
Feeling a little more alive we went up and sat by the pool for a bit as Nate swam. The weather changed to be a bit Chilly so the grownups refrained.
Dinner was a trip across the road to the local Korean BBQ joint which served the most amazing food. We decided then and there that we must only order one meal for 2 people as it was crazy how much food we couldn't eat.
Weve decided that our Gold Coast is a lot like Honolulu and we love the fact that everything you could ever want is only a short walk away.






No comments:
Post a Comment