Time for us to be leaving Las Vegas. I was smart enough not to book an early flight so we didnt have to get up at the crack of dawn. Tony was sad as we had to leave his new love - the GMC behind. Las Vegas obviously has some serious number of car rentals as they have a return centre that is a few miles away from the airport. You drop the car and then get a shuttle back to the airport.
![]() |
| yes luggage is an issue for us all |
Anyhow we flew with Southwest from Vegas to Oakland and they were fantastic - I wish we were using them instead of Fiji air.
![]() |
| Nate with his homeland security badge |
Once on the ground it was another shuttle bus to another car pick up centre. We decided we needed to upgrade our booked car as luggage is an issue. Imagine Tonys delight when we walked out to the lot and picked up a replica of the car we'd just handed back (this one was a younger model but otherwise identical!).
Mio our GPS nav is still being painful and so it was a confusing start to our journey over into San Francisco proper. I think it was about 3 pm when we took off, and being Saturday we thought it would be pretty quiet heading across the bay bridge - WRONG. There were many spots that we had to stop still and it was bumper to bumper. We did get a peak at the Golden Gate Bridge which was lovely.
We checked into the Suites at Fisherman's Wharf and I think we were all pretty relieved that it is the perfect place to end our trip. Of course we needed supplies and food so I dragged poor Nate and Don out to the shop. Clearly I dont get distances as I thought it was just a short walk....haha oopsie. I think we were out for nearly 2 hours in the end - lugging heavy shopping back up great hills did not make me popular.
![]() |
| view out our window - Alcatraz |
![]() |
| gorgeous houses |
![]() |
| our suite before it got messy |





No comments:
Post a Comment