Today being our last full day in LA I planned for us to go and see the stars - the ones on the Walk Of Fame anyhow. We took off and parked at the Highland Centre which is the home of the Dolby Theatre. We were then able to walk right out onto Hollywood Boulevard and onto the stars.
 |
| El Capitan Theatre |
First up was Graumanns Chinese Theatre. The theatre itself is quite beautiful, but the fascinating thing for us were all the handprints and footprints belonging to the famous people who had been imortalised there. There were plenty of oldies still there which was great to see - cant belive how small John Waynes feet were - granted they would have been cowboy boots but they were still small. George Clooney on the other hand has whoppers. I have the same size as Kristin Stewart which is bad for her I guess haha.
 |
| GCT |
 |
| Nate checking out Spocks fingerprints |
We were keen to visit the aussies so we planned to find Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman so it was an added bonus to stumble onto Russell Crowe's as the first star we saw. My other must see star was that belonging to Elvis. His had been relocated so Nate and I trekked a couple of blocks to the very start of the walk to be able to see it. We saw so many stars and there were still hundreds that we didn't even get near.
 |
| The boulevard |
 |
| Seeing stars | | |
| |
|
|
|
 |
| The king and I |
 |
| Nate and Bruce |
As an added bonus for us they were filming a bit for the tv show Glee right where we were. They were setting up the shots while Nate and I walked back from Elvis so we got to see how much stuff is involved just to film a few minutes. I think I saw Mercedes Jones as we were leaving so that was cool.
 |
| Gleeful | | |
|
Next on the grand tour was Sunset strip on the way to Beverly Hills. Sunset boulevard wasn't much to see during the daytime, much better at night Id say when everything turns funky fluro lights - did get a glimpse of Whisky a gogo and the Comedy Club.
We followed Sunset boulevard for a bit and figures we were in the right are when we saw
A few turns later and we took a right onto Rodeo Drive. Drove the entire length of the drive to the bottom where the hotel that was in Pretty Woman was located - the Beverly Wilshire Hotel. Cant say I was that impressed with Rodeo Drive - felt plain and lacking any kind of warmth. Not a lot of fancy cars parked in the streets - we saw an Aston Martin and quite a few Porche Panameras getting around but no Lamborghini.
 |
| $500 a night |
 |
| Rodeo drive designer stores |
 |
| Cheap at about $750 a night |
Last destination was Mulholland Drive. This is a 2 lane windy road up into the Hollywood Hills. At the top there were some magnificent vistas down over LA. We had quite a delay getting up the hill as they were tree lopping - wow did they back up the traffic.
No comments:
Post a Comment