We left home in the late afternoon to begin our long journey to our first major destination -
Hawaii.
 |
| Preflight drinks |
First stop would be
Melbourne. The flight was mostly empty
so pretty much a non-event. Oh and
before I forget Tony won the packing contest.
He had packed his own and Nate’s gear in the one suitcase and it weighed
less than mine still. Dons was close to
mine, but I added in extra shoes as I had room ha-ha. Hand luggage was another story – Don had to
remove a couple of kilos at Melbourne as his carry on was too fat.
 |
| Adelaide to Melbourne |
 |
| Nate the luggage man |
The flight from Melbourne to Nadi was just under 5 hours and
again the plane had lots of free seats.
We lucked out when checking in and scored a helpful chickie that moved
Tony and Don to the exit row and Nate and I sat in the row in front of them. The positives were that Tony and Don got to stretch their legs and Nate and I got a row to ourselves; the negative, that we later agreed upon to outweigh the plus was that the seats didn't recline so we only got the bare
minimum of sleep.
Fiji is quite beautiful and when we landed the sun was just
starting to show her reddened face. The airport
is bordered by a gorgeous mountain range so quite a view already. Once inside the airport there was a little
band to serenade the incoming passengers which was a nice touch – finally I
felt like the holiday was beginning.
 |
| Nadi airport |
The hotel in Fiji was nice, pretty basic but could not beat the location - literally across the
road from the airport. Nate and I walked
back to the airport to buy lunch and it maybe took 4 minutes by foot.
Continental breakfast started our day followed by a couple of hours sleep before
hitting the pool. Tony and Don tried the
premium Fiji beer – not impressed.
Keep it coming guys. I have to live vicariously through you now! :-)
ReplyDelete